How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S III Not Booting (Boot Problems) Solution
Boot problems may happen with any device even if you don’t try harm the device. Like Galaxy S2 had boot problems right after the Firmware updates. Or it may happen when you try to play with the device’s software/firmware and it gets bricked. And more such possibilities while/after installing Custom ROMS.
The process to recover your S3 is same as we did for S2 but the files required are for it are different. You might think of saving the data on your device so let’s first start with Soft Reset (read below) which cleans the device and the data remains intact. If the device isn’t booting after the soft reset then you are left with two options – Hard Reset and Re-install the Stock ROM. In most of the possibilities you will have to re-install the stock ROM which is not a lengthy and complicated process which many users are afraid of.
How to Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy S3?
- Take out the battery.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S3?
- Switch off the device.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- After 2-3 seconds, release the Power Key.
- You will enter boot screen, Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Select Yes.
How to Re-install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3?
Forget the crappy Samsung Kies, the PC suite for Samsung, It cannot solve the issue. And for me, It’s junk, it’s useless. What you need is Odin, .PIT File and the Stock ROM. Be careful to choose the Stock ROM for your S3 as it varies from country to country and carrier to carrier.
Download these files:
Process starts here:
- Pull out the battery and reinsert.
- Press and Hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button until you see a warning!!
- Press Volume Up button.
- Your device will now enter the download mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC.
- Let it install some drivers.
- Open Odin and click on PIT
- Select that .PIT file you downloaded.
- Check the box – Re-partition and Click Start.
- After the successful attempt to re-partition the device, Flash with new firmware(which you downloaded from SamMobile)
- Browse the downloaded firmware to the PDA section in Odin.
- Don’t check the re-partition box this time.
- Click Start and wait.
As soon as the process completes, your phone will boot. and it won’t stuck at welcome screen.
Source for "Fix Samsung Galaxy S III Not Booting (Boot Problems) Solution" article :