Tutorial How to Install and Upgrade Bell Samsung Galaxy S2 to ICS 4.0.3 Firmware I9100MUGLD3 with odin. Samsung already released the official ICS 4.0.3 upgrade for Bell Canada Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100M. The official Android Ice Cream Sandwich firmware update with build number I9100MUGLD3 was released on March 23, 2012. If you experience some trouble while updating on Kies and just says 'Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies.', this solution might help you in some other way.
This is a universal issues and might can be also apply on other carriers like Bell. If you get this message 'Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies.' here's some things you'll need to try.
- Just reinstall Kies on your PC, Kies oftentimes also updated to any latest driver, so, uninstall the old one, download and install the latest Kies.
- Some carrier providers in your area, disabled the update on Kies option , and they only prepare updating via OTA (Over the air). Just wait for the notification message from the carrier providers, or manually check for updates on your phone's firmware settings.
- Some other issues why Kies ignored you from updating, because of some reasons like your device currently runs with unofficial firmware like custom ROM and was also rooted. So, the only option is you need to return back your device to the official factory stock firmware.
Odin Flashing instruction to manually upgrade Bell Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100M to official ICS 4.0.3 I9100MUGLD3 stock firmware.
Disclaimer: We shall not liable what may cause or happen like bricking your device, you may need to understand that if you follow this guide is at your own risk. You are already warned! proceed with precautions.
Step 1: Grab the original stock firmware I9100MUGLD3
Device: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100M
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Product Code: GT-I9100LKABMC
Latest firmware: I9100MUGLD3/I9100MBMCLD3/I9100MUGLD3/I9100MUGLD3
Android version: 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build: 4/23/2012 5:55:39 PM
Stock ROM: BELL_GT-I9100M_BMC_ICS_4.0.3_I9100MUGLD3_Official
Step 2: Back up all necessary files stored on the phone for it will be all wipe out during this process
- Use PC running on Windows OS or later
- Disable KIES and antivirus software
- Use a good PC to Phone USB cable
- Remove SIM card and SD card (safe for beginners to avoid issues )
- Make sure that the battery is fully charge
Step 3: Install or flash the firmware using ODIN Downloader:
1. Extract the downloaded firmware file in a new folder (use winrar to unzip).
2. Run ODIN Multi Downloader v1.85
3. Click on the PDA button then select and load:
On checkboxes options: Make sure that the RE-PARTITION is uncheck, only the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIMEgot checked.
4. Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S II into DOWNLOAD MODE.
Make a factory reset first, this will wipe all your data, just ensure that you already have a back copy of all your important files.
- Put your device in Recovery MODE (Home + Volume up + Power)
- Select Wipe Data/Factory reset
- Select Wipe Cache
- Turn the phone power OFF again, then press and hold VolumeDown+OK+Power at the same time.
- Then connect the Phone to PC, the ID:COM box will turn to yellow color if the device is already detected and properly connected. Try to use another USB port, USB cable and or PC if experiencing a connection issues.
5. Hit the "START" Button to begin flashing the firmware.
The phone will be flashed and once it’s finished, it will boot up.Do NOT disconnect the usb-cable, remove the battery or otherwise interrupt this process! The process will take just about 5-minutes to complete.
But if you do not see a blue progress bar on your phone after 5 minute, take out your phones battery, unplug your phone and start from step 1 again.
6. Once you see the message "PASS!", you have successfully flashed your phone.
The phone will reboot when flash or download completed.
For Full Reset
You may also need to root back your phone if you have it rooted, for it already returned to original stock firmware. That's it!