Here's the step by step guide on how to update or upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S II to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with the firmware build version I9100XXKH3 and multi-CSC OXAKI3. This guide is a manual flashing by way of using Odin multi-downloader tool.
Some changes on the I9100XXKI3 Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread gathered from most users who already flashed it via XDA forum.
- the vibration notification icon is always shown when vibration is enabled. it's smart also, because the user can see than vibration on !
- instead of the apple patented overscrolling, there's now that ugly blue overscrol effect
- the homescreen cycles now, if you're at your last homescreen you will jump to the first one and vice versa (looks a bit awkward due to the background "reset")This leaked version is an original (unmodified) Wipe Package from Samsung has:
it's NEW blue overscrol effect ! and I love it ! it's much sexy OVERSCROL than we got before
- It's super smooth and responsive, font smoothing is also improved.
- Definitely better than previous releases.
Download the I9100XXKI3 stock ROM or via Intratech's packages here:
ODIN Downloader software:
A USB data cable for Samsung Galaxy S II
Procedures in flashing the I9100XXKI3 Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread on Samsung Galaxy S II:
Disclaimer: We shall not held responsible if something happens to your device, Proceed at your own risk.
Note: This is a full wipe version, you may need to back-up all your important data srored on the device for it will all cleared or deleted. This is a leaked version and not a final official firmware version, Anyone who does not prepared flashing with odin can wait for the official Samsung Kies server update which we don't know when to be push out by Samsung.
1) Extract the downloaded file you will the eventually see the files as follows:
2) Run ODin multidownloder tool on you PC's desktop.
3) On Odin window, DO NOT CLICK the REPARTITION Checkbox. Only the AUTO REBOOT and RESET TIME remain to be checked.
- Tick on the CSC button then select and load this file
4. Turn OFF the Samsung Galaxy S II, then switch into DOWNLOAD MODE.
by Pressing and Holding the VolumeDown+OK+Power together. You will then see on the screen that indicates in downloading mode.
6. One all set above, Click "START" button to begin flashing. Do not touch the phone or interrupt while flashing,. Just wait until the flashing process successfully completes, it may takes around 3-5 minutes depends upon the speed of your PC. You will see a word "PASS" once it finishes and the phone will then reboot.
Remove the phone from USB then do a full factory reset to get a fresh firmware update. You can check the firmware update version of your phone via about phone info.